Monday, November 10, 2008

Salvation Army Bucket - Teach Your Children to Give

Here is a really easy and simple idea for encouraging your children or grandchildren to become "Humanitarian Helpers".

During the holidays, I get a $10 roll of quarters for each of my children and keep it in my purse. When we are out running errands, my children get to put a few quarters into the Salvation Army buckets coming and going out of the store. I give them the money while we are in the car, so it feels like they are giving it all on their own.

This is a great way to teach giving to a child. There is lots of excitement in this giving because of the bell ringing and the thank yous from the Salvation Army volunteer. It is a rewarded effort every time they give. That good feeling of giving will stick with them throughout their whole life. It did for me!

No comments: